Evangelizing through Digital Storytelling
out of 54
Post on 08-Sep-2014
DESCRIPTIONThe next session in the Paulist National Catholic Evangelization Associations Catholic Speakers Online (CSO) series will feature Sr. Caroline Cerveny, S.S.J., D.Min., speaking on Story Telling over the Internet: Proclaiming the Good News on Wednesday, July 22, 2009, at 3:00 pm EDT. Come explore with Sr. Caroline how new media tools can excite and facilitate youth and adults to share and record valued stories from their lives, in ways that promote artistic expression, health, well being, and justice while proclaiming the "Good News" lived today!
- Proclaiming the good news: storytelling over the internet We are our stories. We compress years of experience, thought, and emotion into a few compact narratives that we convey to others and tell to ourselves. - Daniel Pink A Whole New Mind
- With Caroline Cerveny, SSJ, D. Min. Your aspiring Digital Storyteller a Digital Immigrant . . . in the company of many other Digital Immigrants and Natives! a story about my digital footsteps! 1983!
- 1983 http://www.allsaintscg.org/images/Doors_of_Hyde_Park_v2%20(2).jpg
- stories tell us about our life www.flickr.com/photos/40645538@N00/233228813
- stories touch us www.flickr.com/photos/75056523@N00/1196494552
- stories tell us something about someone else www.flickr.com/photos/99849138@N00/459432776
- stories are both personal and universal www.flickr.com/photos/77436208@N00/2885783824
- Matt's Story (Digital Storytelling Workshop at Youth UpRising) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCRHTQwXAk
- Digital Storytelling - "Bring The Painted Dragons to Life by Putting Pupils in Their Eyes", a Chinese Proverb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWzCuDCNNA
- Students working on a Digital Storytelling project http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_w5LC1OwKs
- a developing Digital Storyteller my first digital video after some practice http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4838267/12905486
- Questions 2006 CJC
- Digital Storytelling Steps to create your story - Handout Available at http://katiechristo.pbworks.com/Digital+Storytelling/
- Decide what your story is about. Is it about 2008 CJC
- someone important to you?
- a place in your life? 2008 CJC
- an event in your life? 2008 CJC
- who you are? 2008 CJC
- what you do? 2008 CJC
- 2008 CJC a challenge you have overcome?
- or is it about someone else and one of their stories? 2008 CJC
- Write your story www.flickr.com/photos/12836528@N00/2787381665
- iMovie Storyboard - Handout Available at http://katiechristo.pbworks.com/Digital+Storytelling/
- Tips for Making Your Movie - Handout Available at http://katiechristo.pbworks.com/Digital+Storytelling/
- Photo and Music Options THE TOOLS
- Creative Commons http://search.creativecommons.org/
- Images iStockPhoto http://www.istockphoto.com/ Stock Xchng http://www.sxc.hu/ Stock Vault http://www.stockvault.net/ Flickr http://flickr.com/
- More Image Resources DigiTales Image Resources http://www.digitales.us/resources/image_sources.php
- Record and Remix Audio Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Download Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ Download the LAME MP3 encoder to export as an MP3 http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/ Audacity Tutorials and Installation Instructions http://tinyurl.com/5h2jmc
- Compose Original Music http://www.jamstudio.com/
- http://freeplaymusic.com/ Terms of Service If you are using Freeplay Music for: Personal Non-Commercial Use (Non-revenue generating). This excludes broadcast use of any kind, including, without limitation, web, blog, and podcast use; or Educational, Non-Commercial use (this is limited to student use on school grounds for in classroom projects- non broadcast) Then Freeplay Music's compositions and recordings may be used without a fee.
- Music Resources Free Music Project http://freemusic.freeculture.org/ ccMixter http://ccmixter.org/ PodSafe Music Network http://music.podshow.com/ Podsafe Audio http://www.podsafeaudio.com/ Bravenet http://www.resources.bravenet.com/audio_clips
- More Sound Resources DigiTales Music and Sound Resources http://www.digitales.us/resources/music_sound_sources.php
- Software and Internet Applications THE TOOLS
- Rubrics for Digital Stories http://www.digitales.us/evaluating/scoring_guide.php
- Software iMovie http://tinyurl.com/5r5nsl Windows Movie Maker http://tinyurl.com/53yvx Microsoft PhotoStory http://tinyurl.com/48jvat
- Gmail Trick for Student Registration If you dont want students to use their own e- mail addresses to register for the following Internet applications, try using the Gmail trick. G-Mail Trick http://snipurl.com/googletricks
- Storytelling 2.0 Web 2.0 storytelling applications: Image Editors Video Editors Media Mashup and Creation Tools Media Publishing
- Image Editing Picnik http://www.picnik.com/ Phixr http://www.phixr.com/ FotoFlexer http://fotoflexer.com/ Splashup http://www.splashup.com/
- Avatar Options http://www.befunky.com/ http://www.mrpicassohead.com/ http://www.myoats.com/ http://www.picnik.com/ http://www.buildyourwildself.com/ http://www.dumpr.net/
- Video Editing Jaycut http://jaycut.com/ Movie Masher http://www.moviemasher.com/
- Image/Video Mashups Animoto http://education.animoto.com/ Voicethread http://voicethread.com/ OneTrueMedia http://www.onetruemedia.com/ Bookr http://www.pimpampum.net/bookr/ Scrapblog http://www.scrapblog.com/ BubbleShare http://www.bubbleshare.com/ SlideRoll http://www.slideroll.com/
- Media Timelines xTimeline http://www.xtimeline.com/ OurStory http://www.ourstory.com/ Mnemograph http://mnemograph.com/ For more interactive media timelines visit: http://snipurl.com/timelines
- Comic Strip Generators MakeBeliefsComix http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/ Kerpoof http://www.kerpoof.com/ Comiqs http://comiqs.com/ Toonlet http://toonlet.com/ Toondoo http://www.toondoo.com/
- Publishing Stories Moonk http://www.moonk.com/ TeacherTube http://teachertube.com/ SchoolTube http://www.schooltube.com/ YouTube http://www.youtube.com/
- http://delicious.com/ccerveny/DigitalStoryTelling ACCESS MORE RESOURCES
- Where do I start? Choose ONE! Start! Explore the Kaleidoscope! RCIA Carmen Cayon Parish Transfiguration (Marietta, Georgia) http://www.transfiguration. com/transfiguration_video. htm Children Creation Story Youth Scrapblog And. http://gimpgallery.net/files/images/gimp_kaleidoscope.jpg
- Questions 2008 CJC
- Discussion Questions 1. How can you as a catechetical minister use storytelling and digital media to enhance what you do in your teaching or pastoral ministry to enhance 21st Century Faith Learning Opportunities? 2. What kinds of "stories" could you use or involve others in telling in your faith learning ministry with digital tools?
- Digital Catechesis - http://digitalcatechesis.ning.com/
- Send E-mail to: Send to email@example.com Subject Digital Catechesis Network
- ToCredits Story What is the gift? Tell Your By: Katie M. Christo Links By: Jennifer Carrier Doorman
- Thank you for attending the PNCEA webinar Proclaiming the good news: storytelling over the internet For Additional Resources http://delicious.com/ccerveny/DigitalStoryTelling Katie Christos Wiki - http://katiechristo.pbworks.com/Digital+Storytelling Photography Creative Commons from Flickr Caroline Cerveny 2007-2008 Caroline Cerveny, SSJ, D. Min. firstname.lastname@example.org http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/
View more >
Digital storytelling: Capturing children’s participation ... ?· 226 Digital storytelling: Capturing…
Personalizing interactive digital storytelling in ... - ?· Personalizing interactive digital storytelling…
What is Digital Storytelling? The Digital Storytelling Association defines Digital Storytelling as "the modern expression of the ancient art of storytelling.
Teacher Education. Educational Apps Digital Storytelling Apps for iPad Digital Storytelling Apps for iPad Digital Storytelling Apps for iPad Digital.
Digital Storytelling Part IIa: Camtasia from ?· Digital Storytelling Part II ... Digital Storytelling…
Digital Storytelling The ... - Electronic Portfolios ?· Portfolios Digital Storytelling ... digital…
Digital Storytelling. Digital Story Telling What is digital storytelling? – Digital storytelling uses computer-based tools to tell a story. – Digital.