Entertainment, smart toys & the internet of things.
out of 36
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTalk given in Helsinki at CartoonDigital Seminar on May 6th 2014. http://www.cartoon-media.eu/cartoon-masters/cartoon-digital/programme-7.htm?tab=1
- Entertainment, smart toys & the internet of things. Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino @iotwatch
- CEO of Tinker London 2007-2010 Good Night Lamp 2012- designswarm 2011-
- What is #iot? When we embed connectivity in everyday objects When those objects are designed with an understanding of the affordances of the web.
- Hardware (open/closed) Connectivity (wi, zigbee/radio, GSM) Battery life Standards Privacy Security What things?
- What things? Smart Cities Smart Homes Wearables Other
- Flying Saucers in 1957
- Frigidaires future kitchen in 1956
- Honeywells Kitchen Computer in 1969
- Dick Tracys watch in1946
- #iot is everywhere!
- Evolving industry Human-Computer Interaction Ubiquitous computing / ubicomp blogjects Smarter Planet (IBM) Internet of Everything (Cisco) Industrial Internet (GE) Internet of things Wearables Connected products ..
- Extending your screen-based content in the real world.
- Tracking activity early on
- Using toys to play on screens
- Rewarding you for on screen play
- Extending play online
- Control the screen-based interaction easily Push updates easily Dependant on mobile connectivity Dependant on screen-based ux Pros Cons
- Extending your cloud-based content in the real world.
- Tracking physical activity
- Playing remotely
- Good Night Lamp
- Playing with other senses
- Content on demand & timed
- Works as a product even when the data doesnt work. Dependant on the structure of your data & APIs Pros Cons
- Smart vs connected. designswarm.com/blog
- How to do this? Assume a minimum investment of 5K to develop a crowdfunding worth prototype. Assume a minimum of 200K for industrialisation. Assume 3 years to really test the market. Decide what defines the success of a product. PR or sales.
- The good news Incubators & accelerators are growing in this space. (Nike & TechStars, BoltBoston, Highway1, Haxlr8r) Send a team to one of them. Itll be cheaper than running it yourself. Crowdfunding is a good way to test the water with a big brand.
- Its early days.
- Careful about the data though!
- Education tools are increasing expectations
- Kiitos. Thank you. Merci. Grazie. @iotwatch @GNLteam @ConnectedIOT Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino email@example.com
View more >
Designing smart toys for the cognitive enrichment of smart toys for the cognitive enrichment of elephants ... as food and water, ... elephants all live in societies that are matriarchal, ...
Wearable Sensors and Smart Textiles - DORAS - Smart: Smart Textile Interactive Toys Felt toys have flexible and electronic textile components to sense and respond to their : Shirley CoyleAffiliation: Dublin City UniversityAbout: Materials Science Biological engineering
Entertainment Earth Droids Flyer - A Star Wars Toys ... ?· Truly, for what was essential- ... is proud…
Base: Marina Kastela, Kastel Gomilica, Croatia Central ... ?· Entertainment Water sports & toys Bluetooth…