encouraging community collaboration
Post on 11-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSF Online Community MeetUp is the free monthly gathering of online community managers, enthusiasts, and innovators to meet and discuss tools and strategies for building and managing effective communities.Our guest speaker this month will be Jeska Dzwigalski. Jeska Dzwigalski is the Director of Content for Wikia Inc. where she oversees marketing, content and community development for their many active wiki communities. Previously, she spent 6 years at Linden Lab leading Community and Product development projects within the virtual world of Second Life. Visit www.Jeska.org for more info. Jeska will do a brief presentation on Encouraging Community Collaboration, followed by guided discussion on that and other large community management challenges.
- 1.Encouraging Community Collaboration
Three things Community Managers can do to help communities be heard
Community Meet Up
2. Communities are Made of People
Its made of people
are made up of many, many, many
4. Thats a lot of people
5. How do companies engage their users without getting lost in the noise?
6. 7. 1. Identify Small Groups
Wants to find new people
Wishes they had bigger fonts
Wants easier login process
Wants no change
8. And talk to them.
9. Not all features are for all users
Find smaller groups with shared passions, values and needs
Frame and focus your conversations
Cultivate feedback loops
Most of all
11. 2. Dont Second Guess Yourself
Listen, make decisions, communicate,gather feedback then
12. Give your decisions room to
13. Don't be afraid to evolve policies as community grows or things change
14. Caveat: Sometimes you will be wrong.
- Keep moving
15. Dont feed the trolls 16. Determine the next steps 17. Dont be afraid to say youre sorry