employee reward and retention-employee engagement
out of 15
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Everything you wanted to know about employee reward and retention DR.E.J.SARMA
- 2. Learn everything about creating compelling reward strategy READ FULL DETAILS IN MY NEW E -BOOK AMAZON KINDLE THE INVISIBLE HAND- HOW TO REWARD EMPLOYEES WITHOUT KILLING THE MOTIVATION OF OTHERS
- 3. What you do to be another Google Are you struggling as HR Professional to prove a point While every company wants to be another Google, there are few things which Google and few other companies seem to do very well in creating the WOW for employees, others do not even seem to be able to replicate those ideas.
- 4. What you do to be another Google I tried to understand the reason behind this and came to the conclusion that the differentiator is the mindset and sincerity of leadership combined with lack of depth in the knowledge about the psychology behind rewards.
- 5. What you do to be another Google In Business schools, HR professionals are taught everything about the intrinsic and extrinsic driving force. So you want to use that knowledge and want to prove your competency by initiating the reward system if there is none or by attempting to change the existing system.
- 6. What you do to be another Google The other easiest thing you can attempt is to tinker with Employee Performance Appraisal system. Both systems are metaphorically weapons of mass destruction, if not handled properly.
- 7. What you do to be another Google What they dont teach in business school is about the obstacles that come in the way to sell the idea to the top management and how to build the business case for rewards. According to Psychology Today, The study of animal behavior is a cornerstone of experimental psychology, shedding light on complex human emotions.
- 8. What you do to be another Google The conditioning experiment conducted in the laboratory conditions where animals were subjected to reward and coaxed to repeat a behavior, in some way had relevance to human behavior and learning.
- 9. What you do to be another Google This learning theory appeals to every HR professional for trying out reward programs without realizing that what works for animals does not work for humans.
- 10. What you do to be another Google There is also evidence in research findings with animals to indicate that increasing intensity or level of driving force works up to a point, but it fails to keep enhancing the learning and performance.
- 11. What you do to be another Google Even the application of The Yerkes-Dodson law stated an empirical relationship between arousal and performance. It was developed in 1908 and described that performance increases with physiological or mental arousal, but only up to a point. Unfortunately the finding did not go beyond the laboratory.
- 12. What you do to be another Google In work environment, even a simple award program can have much broader and complex impact on the individual and collective behavior. Therefore the need to get a deeper understanding of the subject is sine qua non.
- 13. Learning is continuous Read my book on Amazon.in or Amazon.com For practical tips And enhancing the HR competency
- 14. Where to look for https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invisible-Hand-EMPLOYEES- WITHOUT-MOTIVATION-ebook/dp/B01N2314V2 https://www.amazon.in/Invisible-Hand-EMPLOYEES- WITHOUT-MOTIVATION-ebook/dp/B01N2314V2 https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hand-EMPLOYEES- WITHOUT-MOTIVATION-ebook/dp/B01N2314V2
- 15. Thank you. Happy reading
View more >