editing digi-pack - day 8

Download Editing Digi-Pack - Day 8

Post on 14-Apr-2018




0 download

Embed Size (px)


  • 7/30/2019 Editing Digi-Pack - Day 8


    Today we had a media lesson so this was an appropriate time to finish the

    digi-pack and export the music video but unfortunately Nicola and Chloe

    were absent once again, however I didnt let this bother me.

    To begin with I watched over the first draft of the music video and editingthe errors I found before exporting it onto Quick Time Movie. I didnt do

    much in total; all I did was expand the introduction and added a cross

    dissolve fade into the music video rather it suddenly starting, this helped it

    flow much better. In addition, I also elongated a dew shots the

    performance scenes because I felt the sharp cuts of certain shots did not

    flow in time with the tempo. Lastly, there was once shot during the

    flashback scene when young Jon runs off the composition and as an

    improvement we were told to have a freeze frame of the empty location,

    however I didnt like this when watching it back today because the cut wastoo sharp, plus it looked slightly out of place so using the footage I had, I

    cut a shot so it looked like young Jon was running out of the scene which

    shows continuity very well. This is all I really had to do, so I then exported

    the video onto Quick Time movie.

    Furthermore, I then got straight on with finishing the digi-pack. The

    majority of it was basically finished, all I needed to add was the vital

    information such as record labels, bar code, copyright registrations and so

    on. Before I did this I looked on Google Images at back covers of digi-packsto give me an understanding of what had to be done then simply applied it

    to my back cover. I used the same font and colour scheme to do this,

    keeping the majority of it in capitalised letters to make the digi-pack seem

    formal. For the copyright section I downloaded a conventional c to make

    the copyright seem official. I did get feedback from Media Students Conor

    Willis and Jon Champion and they stated I needed to add the artists music

    website onto it; therefore I did this straight away.

  • 7/30/2019 Editing Digi-Pack - Day 8


    Moreover, using Photo Shop CS5 I created a black background and using a

    white paintbrush I had drawn a signature for Conrad Fisher, of course this

    did take a couple of attempts because it was difficult to work the mouse,

    however I finally got there. I then deleted the background from this and

    imported it to my digi-pack. Jon Champion also stated that the signature

    would look best in the bottom right hand corner rather than the left

    because it was difficult to see. I am very happy how the autographs turned

    out because it doesnt look messy like the previous one, which is what I washoping for, plus makes the digi-pack seem official.

    Lastly I created the spine of the digi-pack, this was pretty simple to do

    because I the text already provided. I used the faded black box as a

    background and with the same font, the artists name and album is

    displayed evidently and at the bottom of this is the serial code. I typed this

    onto a separate page and imported it over.

    The first draft of the digi-pack was finally completed, TA-DA! All I had to dowas put it together using the template I previously downloaded and once

    this was done I will gather feedback from Media and non-Media Students.

  • 7/30/2019 Editing Digi-Pack - Day 8