Post on 30-Oct-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The Value of the Library Experience:
Stephen Abram, MLS
Douglas County Library
April 27, 2011
These slides are available at Stephens Lighthouse blog
3. We Only Get So Many Once-in-a-Lifetime Chances To Do Great Things
Questions for Today:
Is this the end of libraries as we know them?
Whither learning, community, support?
What is actually changing?
Do people still value the book?
Where is all this change taking us?
What is the role for librarians and all types of libraries in our info-future?
5. 6. What Colour is the Sky?
7. So, what exactly is changing?
In a word:
Everything connected to your world!
8. What has changed?
- Libraries at the heart of the campus
9.Students are focused at the lesson and event (essay, test, exam) level 10.Libraries at the heart of the community is no longer just physical 11.Libraries as whole school partners 12.Physical access and basic reading evolves to intellectual access with new competencies