Digital Literacy and New Teaching Skills for University Lecturers Going Online,
out of 10
Post on 03-Sep-2014
DESCRIPTIONPresentation on Digital Literacy and New Teaching Skills for University Lecturers Going Online to the European Distance and e-learning network.
- Digital Literacy and New Teaching Skills for University Teachers Going Online Susanne Koch University of Oslo [email_address]
- The Scope
- Challenges and solutions of a small university department which focuses primarily on lifelong learning setting out to meet some of the central requirements of the Bologna process
- A Big Leap
- From only one assessment at the end of each course to formative assessment throughout the entire course
- So, in a course with 100 students, was the lecturer to invite each student into his office for a conversation?
- Online support was the answer
- New Tricks for Old Dogs
- A need for new skills: pedagogical, technical and even social
- A shortage of resources: Online teaching is often time consuming and the lecturers are already pressed for time
- A problem of motivation: When implementing an extensive reform, there are a number of changes to be implemented and both lecturers and students can get weary.
- Our Solution
- Offer short one-on-one sessions in e-pedagogy when needed
- Develop an online toolbox for e-learning
- T oolbox for e-learning
- Writing for Internet
- LMS tips and hints
- Intro to technical tools for teaching online
- Intro to pedagogical tools for teaching online
- Reviews of books on e-learning
- Teach yourself to teach online , short pdf introductions to teaching online
- Online discussions on the pitfalls of online communication and how to avoid them
- Portal for Online Pedagogy
- An expansion of the toolbox for e-learning
- Made available to the entire University
- Readily available, practically oriented, bite sized pieces of teaching skills and digital literacy
- Elements of the Portal
- A short and simple manual in pdf format to be used as an introduction or to refer to when in doubt
- LMS course pages with general resources for lecturers to cut and paste when preparing their own courses
- Advanced LMS tips and tricks
- A short introduction to using online discussion forums
- Practical tips for using forums in teaching
- How to search the net for material suitable for teaching
- Link bank of quality tested scholarly web links
- In Short
- In order to take advantage of the benefits of e-learning, it is important that technical and pedagogical support is available.
- Instructional design teams with technicians, educationalists and web designers who work together is an ideal solution, but unaffordable for us
- We are hoping that a system with a portal for online pe dagogy offering help for the novice and the adept alike, and with some degree of personal support, might be a way to go
- Our next adventure
- An online bank of cases for case based teaching
- Teachers and students building the cases together
- Using mind map technology
View more >
Visual Literacy: Teachers Online: Using Personal Visual Literacy Skills to Enhance Professional Teaching Knowledge
Going Digital to Transform Teaching and ?· Going Digital to Transform Teaching and Learning ... About…
CAPITALISING ON DIGITAL LITERACY SKILLS FOR is a necessity to develop capacities of ... literacy skills programme is important for searching for job opportunities online. Results and Discussions .
Improving EMI skills for university – English as a ... courses for its lecturers, and also plans to combine EMI study ... Improving EMI skills for university lecturers Client: Tecnolgico de ...
Tema “Basic Communication and Teaching” 3 ECTS A pedagogical course for new teachers and teaching assistants Going online!?
Using reflective diagrams in professional development with university lecturers: A developmental tool in online teaching