CONTENTS Inviting Refusing Accepting Exercises INVITING Can you come to a barbecue? Do come to the tea-part! Would you like to have dinner with.
out of 15
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- CONTENTS Inviting Refusing Accepting Exercises
- Slide 3
- INVITING Can you come to a barbecue? Do come to the tea-part! Would you like to have dinner with me? Will you come to my party? Id like you to come to dinner. (semi- formal) I would like to invite you to the reception. (formal)
- Slide 4
- REFUSING Im sorry, I cant that day. What a pity! I cant make it. Im afraid. Im very busy that week. I dont think I can. Oh, I am sorry. I wont be able to. Im afraid Im unable to come. I regret I am unable to accept. (formal)
- Slide 5
- ACCEPTING Id love to What time? Yes, that would be lovely. Great! What fun! Yes, I think so. When exactly? Yes, Ill look forward to it. I would be delighted to accept. (formal)
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- EXERCISE 1 Choosing the correct word(s) from the pair in brackets to complete the sentences 1. _______you come to the meeting? (May / Will) 2. Would you___________to play tennis with me? (like / love) 3. Im______, I cant come then. (afraid / sorry) 4. What a pity! I wont be able_____. (it / to) 5. Great! Well_______forward to it. (look / looking) 6. I regret I am_______to accept. (cant/unable) 7. Yes, that would be_______ (delighted/lovely) 8. Hed like_____and see him. (that you go/you to go)
- Slide 8
- EXERCISES 2 Match each invitation (1-5) with the best answer (A-E) 1.Can you come to lunch on Monday? 2.Would you like to come in for a coffee now? 3.Would you like to go for a picnic this weekend? 4.Id like you to come to a party at my house? 5.Come round for dinner tonight! A.Sorry, I've got a meeting this evening. B.That would be very nice. When is it? C.Im sorry, thats my day in London. D.Id love to. Where shall we go? E.That would be lovely, but I prefer tea!
- Slide 9
- Exercise 3 Looking at the situations and respond, using expressions
- Slide 10
- Situation 1 Youre going to celebrate your eighteenth birthday with a big party in two weeks time. Invite your friends.
- Slide 11
- Situation 2 Your best friend invites you to go on an exciting weekend trip with him / her. You accept.
- Slide 12
- Situation 3 Your aunt invites you to spend a few days at her house, but youve already arranged something for that week, so you will have to refuse.
- Slide 13
- Situation 4 Invite someone you dont know very well to have a meal with you and your family.
- Slide 14
- Situation 5 A friend rings up and says, How about coming round to my place tonight, to listen to some music? You have too much homework!
- Slide 15
- Thank for your attentions
View more >
INVITING THE UNCHURCHED. Inviting The Unchurched Unchurched people want to talk about GOD. Surveys report 90% of today’s unchurched will come to church.
Important Words Today WOULD -Asking for a help -Inviting -What you like SHOULD -Telling someone what to do COULD -Asking for permission -Able to do something.
??Web viewYou can try some ‘indirect’ ways of starting conversations ... “Would you like to come out to dinner ... Some useful words and phrases. Greetings: ...
1. INVITATIONS Refusing I’d like to invite you to dinner this Saturday. I was wondering if you’d like to… Are you free on Saturday? Would you like to…
Inviting Participants to Your WebEx Meeting ?· Inviting Participants to Your WebEx Meeting . When you…
Script for inviting guests - for inviting guests: Hi _____! This is _____, do you have a minute? I’m calling because my Mary Kay Consultant asked if I would love to hostess
Vespa would like to thank you well for a long time to come ... ?· Vespa would like to thank you for…
Inviting the attacker to come to you: HoneyPots & astavrou/courses/ISA_674_F12/Honeypots...Why use HoneyPots…
DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE COME INTO CONTACT WITH ?· You have a duty to notify the Government to help build…
11.38 17.56 (I would like to travel to Berlin) After you have seen the picture you have 3 SECONDS to come up with the German vocabulary.
Getting into Graduate School Assignment: Choose a graduate program you think you would like to apply to HHow did you do this? HWhat did you come up with?
Would you like to come with me to...? Ill treat you. I invite you. Would you like to...? Of course! I would like to. Yes, I would love to. Thanks, but.