Connecting ICT to the classroom to enhance the teaching of literacy. ‘ Digital Natives ’ Literacy 21 st Century ICT.
out of 11
Post on 23-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Connecting ICT to the classroom to enhance the teaching of literacy. Digital Natives Literacy 21 st Century ICT
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Student Centred Approach Student Engagement Increase Student Outcome Levels Variety & Engagement with the Curriculum ICT Move away from the chalkboard and embrace the 21 st century by incorporating ICT into your classroom.
- Slide 5
- Enhance Student Learning Make Learning Relevant Attain Higher Levels of Student Achievement
- Slide 6
- Inadequate Resources Inadequate Resources Time Restraints Time Restraints Access to Resources Inadequate Teacher Training Inadequate Teacher Training
- Slide 7
- http://hillsict.podbean.com/feed Literacy and ICT 23/10/2007 7:31 Hillsict: Shift Happens
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- A RTICLE http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet20/robertson.htmlhttp://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet20/robertson.html (accessed 11th August 2010)
- Slide 10
- W EBSITE http://www.englishteacher.com.au/stateICT.php
- Slide 11
- Blackmore, J., Hardcastle, L., Bamblett, E., & Owens, J (2003). Effective Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to Enhance Learning for Disadvantaged School Students. Retrieved from http://www.dest.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/D63F92A3-6931-464F-9970-D599BE3E390E/4520/ICTreport.pdf (accessed 11/8/10) http://www.dest.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/D63F92A3-6931-464F-9970-D599BE3E390E/4520/ICTreport.pdf Cannell, D. (Director & Producer). (2009). You cant be my teacher. [Video Recording]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSymMbMYHA (accessed 11/8/10) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSymMbMYHA Cook-Bonney, L. (2007). Hillsict: Shift happens : Literacy and ICT. Retrieved from http://hillsict.podbean.com/feed (accessed 12/8/10)http://hillsict.podbean.com/feed English Teachers Association. (2010) Information & Communication Technologies (ICTS) in English. Retrieved from http://www.englishteacher.com.au/stateICT.php (accessed 11/8/10) http://www.englishteacher.com.au/stateICT.php Google Images. (2010). ICT and the Classroom. Retrieved from http://www.google.com.au/imghp (accessed 11/8/10)http://www.google.com.au/imghp Lewisham Centre. (2006) ICT Training for Teachers. Retrieved from http://ecs.lewsiham.gov.au.uk (accessed 11/8/10)http://ecs.lewsiham.gov.au.uk Moseley, D. et al (1999) Ways forward with ICT: effective pedagogy using information and communications technology for literacy and numeracy in primary schools. Retrieved from http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/research/project_ttaict/ttaict2.htm (accessed 11/8/10) http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/research/project_ttaict/ttaict2.htm Robertson. M., Fluck, A., Webb, I. and Loechel, B. (2004). Classroom computer climate, teacher reflections and 're- envisioning' pedagogy in Australian schools. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 20(3), 351-370. Retrieved from http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet20/robertson.html (accessed 11/8/10)http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet20/robertson.html WoWin School Project. (2010). World of Warcraft in School: Student Perspectives. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTnr95vrzBI (accessed 12/8/10) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTnr95vrzBI
View more >
Digital Age Literacy 21 st Century Skills. Literacy in the 21 st Century Using Digital Tools in the Classroom Digital Literacy What is it? What does it.
The Scottish Information Literacy Project: from ICT to digital literacy, the importance of information literacy
ICT in the Classroom A NEW AGE OF TEACHING ICT can support literacy learning in Primary Schools The benefits of using ICT Easy to Differentiate
Life planning All digital literacies ICT literacy Media literacy Digital scholarship Communication & collaboration ICT literacy Digital scholarship Life.
ICT Resources for Business Subjects. Why use ICT in the classroom? 1.To enhance teaching 2.To enhance learning.
Foundations for the Future: University ICT Literacy ?· Foundations for the Future: University ICT Literacy…