choosing the right door lock for your home
Click here to load reader
out of 10
Post on 17-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIn the past, dwellings only need some sort of shield like a piece of wood in order to have a makeshift door. When civilization evolved, so did the sense of people to establish a more secure home for themselves. Check out which among these door locks -- from simple ones to digital fingerprint door locks -- are the right one for your needs.
- In the past, dwellings only need some sort of shield like a piece of wood in order to have a makeshift door. Or even a catchphrase like open sesame! When civilization evolved, so did the sense of people to establish a more secure home for themselves. Thus the birth of door locks and other contraptions. See which among these suit your needs.
- Also referred to as knob locks, this kind of door locks are commonly used throughout the home particularly in the bedroom and bathroom. Not really reliable when it comes to break ins (think of movies having hairpins as the magic key), knob locks are used more to control the door.
- Deadbolts are more trusted when it comes to low-cost security. Obviously, this locks effectively bolts the door into its frame, and has to be manually moved in and out of place with a key or knob. There are many kinds of this lock such as one that have latch on the inside and only a black face on the outside, or a double dead bolt that needs keys for both sides.
- An advanced kind of security, electronic locks are run by electric current. They are keyless and often connected to an access control system. With the technology today, there have been many of its kind which includes numerical password-protected locks, locks that need security token or swipers, and high-tech biometrics of which retinal scanning, voice identification, and fingerprint door locks are included.
- Which of these door locks have you installed in your home? To aid your burglar alarms with protection, there are those people that combine two or more of these locks.
- Stay protected! http://bullnetsystems.com Source: https://www.apsense.com/article/choosing-your-house-door-lock.html