casella wines

Download Casella wines

Post on 07-Dec-2014




0 download

Embed Size (px)


Casella wines - Unitedworld School of Business


  • 1. Yellow Tail was developed around the year 2000, originally marketed to export countries and became the number one imported wine to the USA by 2003. Yellow Tail is a brand of wine produced by Casella Wines Pvt Ltd. Casella wines is based in Australia. The largest volume of wines imported into India are from Australia, selling an estimated 75,000 cases (30 per cent of the total) of all imported wine sales in India in 2010-11, having narrowly overtaken French wines.

2. Do you know US has third largest aggregated consumption of wine in the world. Industry: $ 20 billion Competitors: France, Italy, Spain, Chile, Australia, Argentina. Market hold: Top 8 companies produce more than 75% of the wine in US and other 1600 wineries produce the remaining 25% Casella Wines from Australia created a wine whose strategic profile broke from the competition. Within three month Casella Wines average sales were tracking at $ 4.5 million and this was surprising. 3. 7 Principle factors for a wine industry Price of bottle Packaging and labelling Consumer awareness Aging quality Prestige of vineyard Complexity of wine Diverse range of wine Factors affecting 4. WHAT IS BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY? CASELLA WINES must follow Blue Ocean Strategy to make the competition irrelevent in the Indian Market For a successful brand creation. IN INDIA 5. BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY Imagine a market universe composed of two sorts of ocean. Blue Ocean Red Ocean 6. Red Ocean represent all the industries in existence today. This is known as Market Space Industry boundaries are defined and accepted Competitive rules of the game are known Companies tries to outperform their rivals to grab a greater share of existing demand As the market space gets crowded, prospects for profits and growth are reduced Product become commodities, and cut-throat competition turns the red ocean bloody. Blue Ocean denote all the industries not in existence today. This is the Unknown Market Space. Blue Oceans are defined by untapped market space, demand creation, and the opportunity for highly profitable growth Competition is irrelevant Rules of game are waiting to be set Blue Ocean V/s Red Ocean 7. Study Research claimed that 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% Business Launch Revenue impact Profit Impact 8. Approach to VALUE INNOVATION Created when a company lowers costs while increasing the companies value proposition to its buyers Value innovation is achieved by: Reducing factors the industry competes on Increasing buyer value by creating elements the industry has not yet offered 9. CASELLA WINES Enological Terminology, aging quality, above the line marketing Wine complexity, Wine Range, Vineyard Prestige Price Versus Budget Vines Easy drinking, Ease of Selection, fun and adventure ACTION ELIMINATE REDUCE RAISE CREATE What actions must it take for Indian Market? 10. Speculations To work hard on: Acceptability factor Political Factors External FactorsSupport Factor: Trend for wine For non-alcholic drinkers Uncontested Market They will be good at: Climatographic Conditions Value Innovation Wine Legacy 11. Conclusion Opportunities are available Exploration Needed Creation of Uncontested Market Creation of Blue Ocean Strategy 12. Campus Overview 907/A Uvarshad, Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad 382422. Ahmedabad Kolkata Infinity Benchmark, 10th Floor, Plot G1, Block EP & GP, Sector V, Salt-Lake, Kolkata 700091. Mumbai Goldline Business Centre Linkway Estate, Next to Chincholi Fire Brigade, Malad (West), Mumbai 400 064. 13. Thank You