biography of shah rukh khan
out of 43
Post on 21-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPPT on the Biography of Shah Rukh Khan.
- - Pravesh V Shah 13-Co-235
- Introduction A Scorpio by sign Shah Rukh Khan was born on the 2nd of November 1965. Popularly referred to as King Khan this actor has literally ruled Bollywood for the last 20 years and is still the reigning king as most would put it. Be it a good guy or a bad guy, a game show host or a stage performer, a producer or even a singer, Shah Rukh has done it all.
- Childhood Khan was born on 2 November 1965 in New Delhi, India. Brought up in Mangalore for the first five years of his life. He was not a stubborn kid,but if he wanted something badly enough he would go out and get it. He was exposed to the Ram Leela, He acted in it as one of the monkey. He wrote short stories,shairis.. & his father made him recite them.
- Parents Born to a Muslim family his fathers name was Mir Taj Mohammad Khan and his mothers name was Fatima Begum. His father was a freedom activist of Punjabi Pathani background. His mother was the adopted daughter of General Shah Nawaz who served in the army of Subhash Chandra Bose. Shah Rukhs father was from Peshawar in Pakistan from where he moved to Delhi where as his mothers family was from Rawalpindi which was also in Pakistan. Shah Rukh is not the only child as he also has a sister by the name of Shehnaz also known as Lalarukh.
- Shahrukh with his sister Lalarukh. Shahrukhs Parents
- Education He was enrolled in The St Columbas School,in kindergarten in January 1972 at the age of six. He was awarded with the Sword of Honour by the school for all round development. He would return home at nine every night, after taking part in elocution, exhibitions, or rehearsing. Later at night he would play Cricket under the street lamp. He would study at the last minute as he had a good memory. He later attended the Hansraj College (1985-1988) to earn an Honors degree in Economics. After this, he studied for a Masters Degree in Mass Communications at Jamia Millia Islamia University.
- Family After the death of his mother, Khan moved to Mumbai in 1991. He married Gauri Chibber , a Hindu in a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony on 25 October 1991. According to Khan, while he strongly believes in Islam , he also values his wife's religion. At home, his children follow both religions, with the Qur'an being situated next to the Hindu deities. They have three children, son Aryan (b. 1997) and daughter Suhana (b. 2000). In 2013 they became parents of a third child named AbRam. Khans older sister Shehnaz also lives with them.
- 25th of Octbor their wedding. A Family Picture !!
- Actor Life Began his journey by landing the lead role of a commando in 1988 drama series "Fauji". He was much applauded for his work and soon became the heartthrob of teenage girls, bagging roles in other serials such as "Circus" and "Dil Dariya". His big screen debut came in the form of Deewana(1992), in which he acted alongside the then-top actress of Bollywood, Divya Bharti . He also starred earlier in a small role in Dil Aashna Hai. This was followed by another hit, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman
- A series of hits followed to what would be remembered as one of Khan's most iconic performances in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was released on 20th October 1995 and still plays in a Mumbai theatre, thus being the longest-running initial release in cinema history. Khan has come a long way since then, with a string of hits under his belt, which include some of Bollywood's biggest in both national and international markets namely, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Devdas (2002) Swades (2004) Chakde India(2007) Om Shanti Om (2007) My Name Is Khan (2010) Don 2 (2011) Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)and Chennai Express(2013) made him the undisputed megastar of India with a record number of best actor trophies and numerous power awards.
- Friends Farah Khan , Karan Johar , Deepika Padukon and Shahrukh !! Arjun Rampal And Shahrukh
- Sanjay Dutt & Srk Kajol & Srk Srk & Kareena Kapoor
- Amitabh ,Srk & Hrithik Srk & Dabboo Ratnani Srk & Priyanka Chopra
- Controversy!! Barely does a year go by without Shahrukh Khan making a headline for the wrong reasons. Every year was quite eventful for SRK as he saw himself embroiled in one controversy after the other. Top 10 SRK Controversies 1) SRK banned from entering Wankhede Stadium
- 2) Hafiz Saeed invited SRK to Pakistan 3) Shiv Sena threatened to stall release of My Name is Khan
- 4) SRK - Salman Khan 5) SRK-Shirish Kunder
- 8) Birth report of SRKs new baby obtained 9) Smoking SRK
- 6) SRK- Abhijeet Bhattacharya 7) SRK-Airport:
- 10) Srk Aamir Khan
- Entrepreneur 1) Shah Rukh and his wife, Gauri Khan own the production company "Red Chilies Entertainments" 2) Host of the third season of the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati
- 3) The luxurious home is located on the on The Palm Jumeirah in Dubai UAE. 4) Owned by Shah Rukh Khans company Red Chillies Entertainment in partnership with actress Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta from the Mehta Group.
- 5) SRK opens KidZania First Theme Park in India. 6) Face of Force India, the Formula One racing team representing India in international motor race championships.
- 7) Khan was named the global ambassador of the live entertainment theatre and leisure destination Kingdom of Dreams . 8) Appointed brand ambassador for the state of West Bengal
- 9)Brands that Khan has endorsed over the years are : TAG Heuer Pepsi Nokia Hyundai Sunfeast Videocon Airtel Nerolac Paints Dish TV Linc Pens D'decor LUX Frooti
- Others National honours : 1997 Best Indian Citizen Award 2002 Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in the Field of Entertainment 2005 Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India 2009 Among the 10 recipients of the IIFA-FICCI Frames Awards for the "Most Powerful Entertainer of the Decade" 2010 Global Entertainment and Media personality Award at FICCI Frames 2010 Excellence awards.
- Shahrukh Khan Quotes :
- Learning Outcome He speaks with calm : While watching his interviews, I really get shocked at his relax behavior. He gives fabulous cool answer even to hot controversial questions. He speaks so well with his charachteristic wit. Once in an interview, he said, When a movie flops, we find hundreds of excuses, rights from the color of ones socks to the Great Wall of China. His Informed Attitude : His attitude is well-informed. Whenever he speaks about something, hes something really worth-sharing in his mind. Hes got a knowledge about what he talks about. Even when he makes movies, he collects background compulsory knowledge-base behind that movie. If you will question him about his super-hero flick Ra.One, hell answer to your question quite technically but in very easy language.
- High Passion : The man keeps his passion high, always. Passion in someones life is as must as having a key to start a vehicle. Youre to ignite your talent with key of your passion to drive your life. So higher the passion is, higher will be the chance of getting goal achieved and SRK knows it very well. Developing a six-pack in his 40s for Dard-e-Disco in Om Shanti Om is an example of his passion. Recent super-hero sci-fi flick Ra.One is also a monument of his high passion; otherwise this was really not possible to make it in Bollywood town. His Killer Enthusiasm : Whenever some of his co-workers are interviewed, his enthusiasm is talked about with much eager. Enthusiastic people are more likely to be successful; as they replace pessimism with optimism. You must have watched out Shahrukh Khans enthusiasm at IPL Season 5; the man was just out of control because of happiness he got when his KKR (Kolkatta Knight Riders) won the final.
- Up-to-dated SRK : He keeps himself uptodated about latest technology. Hes an e-book-reader, a gadget-user, video-game-lover . This is why hes well-informed and educated. He was also one of the few B-town people who immediately realized the importance of micro blogging platform Twitter and social network Facebook. H
View more >