Best iPad Art Apps for the Classroom
out of 15
Post on 24-Jan-2018
- 1. Authored by Karina D. Barley M.Ed To learn more please visit www.projectautismusa.com www.digitallearningtree.com INCLUDING ART REFERENCE APPS
- 2. The iPad is quickly becoming the most innovative & exciting technology based teaching tool to come along in years. Youre a teacher and your school has handed you an iPad. Youre expected to do something with it and youre freaking out. Where to start? What to do? What apps should I start with? When I first started on the iPad journey, I downloaded so many apps, it was impossible to learn how to use them all effectively. Further along my journey, I realized there were many apps I hadnt even opened yet and were going to waste on my iPad desktop.
- 3. This device and specific apps can transform YOUR classroom like never before: the technology brings your classroom into the 21st Century; increases student engagement and motivation; students become collaborative partners in the learning process; your lessons can easily be matched to the Common Core Standards; and individualized learning has never been easier to achieve. I now advise teachers to only download a few apps at a time; learn them; use them in lessons; work out how you can incorporate them so that they align with the CCS; and finally learn how to engage and motivate your students to learn using 21st Century technology. This is the first list I have created, with my favorite iPad apps for Art and Education. Enjoy!
- 4. Please note the prices are subject to change If you click on each app icon it will take you to the Apps page on the iTunes App Store A lot of the apps are available for Android through the Google Play Store. Please visit https://play.google.com/store/apps to find out more!
- 5. Amopic - $6.99 (All Ages) Amopic is an all in one photo editing suite for your iPad. This comprehensive app puts all of the powerful image editing features you love using on your PC right in your hand. Amopic lets you repair or enhance images on the fly, or even create your own artwork from scratch! This app is a bit more expensive, but it is the art app I prefer. Animation Creator HD - $2.99 (All Ages) Animation Creator HD allows students creativity to come to life on their iPad! They are the director! With simple, yet powerful drawing tools, color options, and easy to use frame management, students are only limited by their imagination! Animations will look smooth and life-like with the high frame rate playback of Animation Creator HD. This is a fabulous app for those students who are into Anime etc.
- 6. Click N Colour - $2.49 (Elementary School & Special Needs) Has lots of really nice coloring pages. Artisan - $0.99 (All Ages) This app is really fun. It has great brushes and textures which allows for different and wild visual experiences. Using simple finger movements students can create stunning images that constantly evolve into new shapes over time. This app uses lights, shapes and motion making it a really sensory experience. Art Studio - $4.99 (All Ages) Art Studio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Its the closest to Photoshop I can find. Students can use layers and effects to create beautiful digital works of art.
- 7. Coloring Book - Free (Elementary School & Special Needs) Comic Book! Free (All Ages) A great way to create a comic book. Suitable for students in Primary classrooms, but could also be fun for kids in older grades as well. Has realistic comic styling with a wide selection of: image filters, comic fonts, customizable captions, a library of classic comic graphics and dozens of multi-panel page layouts. My Coloring Book Free (Elementary School & Special Needs)
- 8. Drawing Pad - $1.99 (All Ages) Drawing & painting app. Drawpad or Sketchbook Pro $4.99 (more advanced) - Both are drawing apps and have many uses. Create your own art using "actual-sized" photo-realistic crayons, markers, paint brushes, colored pencils, stickers, roller pens and MORE! Home Design & Home 3D - $8.49 (All Ages) Create, Layout, Design and Visit the home of your dreams! You can change the deco; the color and rearrange the home. This is fantastic for graphics or design students. Kid Paint Free (Elementary grades) Drawing app.
- 9. Magic Painter - $2.99 (All Ages) Magic Painter is an amazing app that students can enjoy with fascinating drawing tools. It is a very different type of painting and offers some variety for students. Scrap It HD- Free (All Ages) A scrapbooking app where the students can create photo albums and scrapbooks on their iPad. This is an alternative for the more creative student. There are a number of different versions of this app for specific themes (i.e. Summer, Christmas, Halloween) Phoster - $1.99 (All Ages) With stylish templates which are already within the app, students will be able to create posters without great effort. Once theyve made their poster, they can utilize various effects and decorates to complete a chic poster.
- 10. PhotoPuppet HD - $2.99 (All Ages) The easiest and fastest way for students to make cartoons on the iPad. They can cut anything out of their photos and move it on the screen. The app will then record everything they do on the screen. This is quite a complex app and has many features, but once conquered, it has unlimited potential.
- 11. Pictello - $18.99 (All Ages) App to create photobooks, social stories & other stories. Can add photos and text. Procreate Sketch, paint, create - $5.99 (All Ages) This is the only studio-grade sketchbook for iPad. Procreate puts you in a league of your own. Packed with over 45 professional brushes ranging from true-to-life sets of sketching pencils and gorgeous paint brushes, to impossible abstract brushes. Procreate is a professional studio of art tools.
- 12. Toontastic, Play, Create, Learn Free (All Ages) Lights, Camera, Play! Toontastic is a storytelling and creative learning tool that enables kids to draw, animate, and share their own cartoons with friends and family around the world through simple and fun imaginative play! This is an excellent app for younger students who want to create their own cartoons. RotoDoodle - $2.49 (Elementary and Middle School) App is like original spirograph.
- 13. ARART - Free ARART is an application that breathes life into objects. ARART presents a new platform of expression connecting artistic creation with reality. Combined with the Art Museum app, you could really make art projects come alive. Also, then using Arasma, students could possibly do something similar with their own art projects. Art HD - Free (Middle/High School) This app has great Artists and their masterpieces. You can view the pieces in a simulated Art Gallery. There is also a slideshow and quiz.
- 14. Art Authority - $9.99 (Middle/High School) From the earliest creative pieces to the latest modern and contemporary works, Art Authority provides a stunningly displayed, carefully selected, well organized view of the western art world. It's part world-class art museum, part academic reference library and part digital coffee-table book. It's also part magic. An art museum like no other! This is a beautiful app and worth the high price tag. Timeline - Art Museum Free (Middle/High School) Timeline brings to life the paintings of such masters as Botticelli, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Monet, Courbet, Klimt, and 73 others in an eye-catching and easy to navigate format.
- 15. There are more of my favorite apps lists to come! I have over 400 apps on my iPad and Android tablets and will continue to share my reviews with you. These apps can be used in the classroom or just at home. To learn more please visit www.projectautismusa.com www.digitallearningtree.com