best beaches & top holiday spots to visit in goa
Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWhether you're looking for an active nightlife or some chill-time on your own, there's a beach for everyone in Goa! Find them here in this slideshow. *prices mentioned are subject to change without notice
- 1. Cox and Kings
2. Anjuna Beach
- Its key attraction is a magnificent
- Albuquerque Mansionbuilt in 1920, flanked by octagonal towers and an attractive Mangalore tile-roof. Anjuna was the second-home of the hippies in Goa, in the 1960s and 1970s.
3. Arambol Beach
- A quiet beach in North Goa near Pernem. Great for a relaxing stroll in solitude. The water is shallow and good for swimming.
4. Palolem Beach
- A scenic beach in extreme south Goa. Good eating options. The rocks and islands off its shore are definitely scenic. Less crowded compared to other popular beaches.
5. Calangute Beach
- Queen of all Beaches in Goa. Very highly rated. Usually has traffic jams along the main crowded street. Beach is full of Indian tourists, a lot of noise, a lot of souvenirs and water sports.Many famous clubs are located here. Nice eating options .
6. Morjim Beach
- A beautiful beach, frequented by Russian tourists. Many restaurants with Russian cuisine. Nightlife is vibrant here. This place is popular among kitesurfers due shallow depth of the sea and very wide beach.
7. Colva Beach
- This beach's spectacle of sea, sand and sky blend in a enchanting natural harmony, weaving their magic spell on the visitors. Known for its scenic beauty. This is part of Salcete, Goa's only Catholic majority sub-district. A very hospitable area.
8. Candolim Beach
- The long straight stretch of Candolim Beach is lined with shacks and bars, which back onto scrub covered sand dunes. It's a lively beach that has managed to retain its cleanliness, and even peacefulness in some areas, making it a good alternative to Calangute and Baga.
9. Benaulim Beach
- This beach is known for its fishing industry, it's a beautiful and laid back stretch of beach. There are water sports and dolphin sightseeing trips on offer. It does get a little crowded around peak time in December, but head a bit further south down the beach and the quietness will be restored.
10. Vagator Beach
- Vagator Beach, north of Anjuna, is the center of Goa's trance party scene. The beach itself is located at the bottom of a steep cliff. Accommodations at Vagator are inland instead of on the beach, with many people staying there long-term.
11. Varca, Cavelossim & Morbor Beaches
- These pristine and unspoilt fishing beaches are the territory ofGoa's luxury resorts. There are a few beach shacks, water sports, and local vendors but the beaches remain clean, and the sand white. Most of the nightlife happens at the resorts and includes live music,casinos and cultural performances.
12. Thank You! For more details on your Travel around the world click here :