beaches in india
out of 15
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTop 10 Beaches in India
- 1.Parminder Singh Grover
- India offers a wide range of tropical beaches with silver/golden sand.
- States likeKeralaandGoahave exploited the potential of beaches to the fullest.
- There are a lot many beaches in the states ofAndhra Pradesh,Gujarat,Maharastra,Tamil NaduandKarnataka.
- These states have very high potential to be develop them as future destinations for prospective tourists.
3. 4. 5.
- Anjuna is 18 kms from Panaji,Goa.
- The village of Anjuna is a five square mile enclosure nestling between the Arabian Sea and the Hill overlooking the beach.
- The beach is known for its swaying palms, soft sands and natural beauty.
- It has an unusual rocky formation overlying a cove of white sand and black rock that juts into the Sea.
- Beach located between its two more famous cousins,Colvaon one side andCalanguteon other.
- Baga beach is an option for those who want to be away from the hustle-bustle found on the other beaches.
- Baga is a fishing beach with brown sand that sees a lot of tourists across the world.
- Colva is Goa's longest beach with 20 km of virgin white sands that are fringed with palms and drenched with the sun.
- The small village of Colva is located in south Goa, 39 km away from Panaji (the old name for Panjim) the capital of the state of Goa.
- Benaulim is 2 km further ahead of Colva.
- Kerela has a 600 km long shoreline dotted with some of the finest, most charming beaches of the world.
- Kovalam consists of three successive small crescent beaches.
- Kovalam beach is a strip of golden sand lying side by side between the serene blue waters of the Arabian sea and the rich greenery of coconut palms.
- The Kovalam Beach which is in Kerala is 16 Km from the capital city of Kerala-Thiruvanathapuram City.
- Marari offers fabulous stretch of soft sandy beach.
- Mararikulam is a sleepy fishing village located between the port city of Cochin and Alleppey. Mararikulam is in sixty kilometers south of Cochin and even less from Alleppey.
- Marari is a popular choice with the discerning traveler who is looking for something a little special in a natural and exotic location.
- Mahabalipuram is probably one of the finest un-spoilt beaches in India on the coastline of Tamil Nadu.
- The beach of Mahabalipuram attracts thousands of tourists throughout the year though the best time from November to February.
- While at the beach you may sun bathe, relax, unwind or simply laze around.
- The matchless splendor that Mahabalipuram beach casts is interestingly unique.
- Small village at a distance of 51 km north of Thiruvananthapuram city and 24 km south of Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram district, in the southern part of Kerala.
- Beach is excellent throughout the year, but during the winters, the peak season.
- Beach is quite with peaceful green surroundings and less crowd, when you can laze around, stroll by the sea water, swim or just relax to make your days absolutely wonderful, at most reasonable rates.
- Situated on the shores of the Arabian Sea, the Calangute Beach is located in the north of the emerald green state of Goa in India.
- The beach, just 15 km from Panjim, the capital of the state of Goa is bounded by Arpora-Nagoa, Saligao and Candolim, in the Bardez taluka of Goa .
- The place is most ideal for a peaceful getaway.
- Andaman & Nicobar group of islands are like sparkling jewels, floating in isolation amidst the azure blue water of Bay of Bengal.
- The gorgeous green surroundings, captivating corals reefs, soft sands, bright sun, smooth water, gently swaying coconut trees, rich forests and smooth sea waves all around, makes for a heavenly ambience.
- An archipelago consisting of 12 atolls, 3 reefs and 5 submerged banks, Lakshadweep floats in seclusion amidst the deep emerald green water of the Arabian Sea.
- A geographical extension of the Maldives island chain, Lakshadweep has 10 inhabited islands and 17 uninhabited islands with a total geographical area of 32 sq. kms.
View more >