basic paid links- dos and donts
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBasic knowledge about paid links concept
- Dot Com Infoway Paid Links
- What is a paid link?
- In simple terms a paid link is a o ne way inbound link purchased from another website.
- There are two types been created by Google.
- A. Advertising Links
- B. Plain Text Links
- Googles view on paid links.
- Google says buying or selling links that pass PageRank is in violation of Google's webmaster guidelines and can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results.
- However links purchased for the purpose of advertising has to follow either of the following two rules
- Add rel=nofollow on those links.
- Redirect the link to an intermediate page that is blocked using the robots.txt file.
- Who/What is Google?
- Google is a search engine that is used to find for something in the web.
- They are not a non-profit governing body of the web.
- They are a public limited company earning billions every year and growing.
- Why am I saying all this?
- Why am I saying all this?
- Because its Googles algorithm that pays importance to links, not you and not me.
- So here comes buying/selling links in to play. Why?
- A. Because of the importance to links given by search engines.
- B. This importance lets you rank higher.
- C. High Rank = Traffic = Business = Profit
- To make sense of it all: Here it goes, for a better business you have to rank better and to rank better you need better links, better links are not for free and hence you buy/sell them.
- Why you can buy/sell links ignoring what Google says.
- So links are a major factor for your website.
- Search engine algorithms are based on links. Without them your site will never appear in the SERPs.
- So buying/selling links is just like any other business.
- Eg: For a profitable restaurant, you need a good chef(website), a good manager(thats you), a strong staff(content) and a good location(search engine = links).
- Just like any other thing, buying or selling links is purely part and parcel of your business.
- Googles lies and fear.
- Google says it wants to make the web a better place.
- And it creates a fear that buying and selling of links will eventually lead to low quality content and makes you feel unethical of it.
- It creates a fear that you will be out of business if you buy/sell links and does it to many of them. (removing the website from index, ranking penalties etc..)
- Instead it promotes its own advertising product.
- Why you can buy/sell links.
- Quality links are not available for FREE.
- Because you have earned it. (selling links)
- Without buying links you will not be able to rank higher for competitive SERP. (Agreed by almost most industry top guns Michael Gray, Jill Whalen to name a few)
- It must be done intelligently.
- No site wide links.
- No footer links.
- No sponsored links.
- All said and done but still Google is the BOSS.
- You risk loosing your business.
- A. Removed from index.
- B. Ranking penalty.
- Thank You