automobile sector ppt
out of 27
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONautomobile sector in india
- Automobile sector
- About Automobile Industry In India it is one of the largest in the world and one of the fastest growing globally. The Indian Automobile Industry is manufacturing over 3.23 million units in 201213 expected to reach 10 million units by 202021. In 2009, India emerged as the fourth largest exporter of automobiles.
- Company Segments Company Segments Ashok Leyland Asian Motor Works Bajaj Auto BMW India Daimler Chrysler India Eicher Motors LCVs, M&HCVs, buses M & HCVs Two and three wheelers Cars and MUVs Cars LCVs, M & HCVs Maruti Suzuki Piaggio Royal Enfield Motors Skoda Auto India Suzuki Motorcycles Swaraj Mazda Ltd Fiat India Cars Tata Motors Force Motors Ford India General Motors India Hero Honda Motors Hindustan Motors Honda Toyota Kirloskar TVS Motor Co Volvo India Volkswagen India Yamaha Motor India Hyundai Motors MUVs and LCVs Cars and MUVs Cars & MUVs Two wheelers Cars, MUVs and LCVs Two wheelers, cars and MUVs Cars and MUVs Cars, MUVs, MPVs Three wheelers, LCVs Two wheelers Cars Two wheelers LCVs, M & HCVSs, buses Cars, MUVs, LCVs, M&HCVs, buses Cars, MUVs Two wheelers M & HCVs, buses Cars Two wheelers Kinetic Motor Two wheelers Mahindra & Mahindra Three wheelers, cars,
- Market dominance in each category
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited Maruti Suzuki India Limited is leading the automobile industry in India for quite a longer number of years. The company began its journey in the year 1981 with its name as Maruti Udyog Limited. The company began to attract the market when it introduced its popular four-wheeler model Maruti 800.
- It got its present name in the year 2007. Market Share: Passenger Vehicles 45%
- Sales volume
- Key people
- TATA MOTORS
- Company Profile Established in 1945. India's largest automobile company, with consolidated revenues of INR 1,88,818 crores (USD 34.7 billion) in 2012-13. The world's fifth largest truck manufacturer and fourth largest bus manufacturer. The Tata Motors Group's over 60,000 employees are guided by the mission "to be passionate in anticipating and providing the best vehicles and experiences that excite our customers globally."
- Committees of the Board
- Hero MotoCorp Hero Honda a collaboration between Honda and Hero Group is one among the largest twowheeler manufacturers in the world. Hero is the brand name used by the Munjal brothers for their flagship company Hero Cycles Ltd.
- A joint venture between the Hero Group and Honda Motor Company was established in 1984 as the Hero Honda Motors Limited At Dharuhera (Haryana District) India. In December 2010, the Board of Directors of the Hero Honda Group have decided to terminate the joint venture between Hero Group of India and Honda of Japan in a phased manner.
- In August 2011 the company was renamed Hero MotoCorp with a new corporate identity. Market Share: motor cycles 59%
- Key people
- Reference CRISIL report IBEF 2013 report Small Wonder: The Authorised Story Of The Making Of The Nano http://www.auto carindia .com http://www. assocham .org http://www.wikipedia.com www.marutisuzuki.com/ https://www.heromotocorp.com www.tatamotors.com/ www.ibef.org/
- THANK YOU!
View more >