Automatic Visualization - Brighton Doctoral College Presentation
out of 18
Post on 05-Dec-2014
- 1. WELCOME ALL The Faculty of Science and Engineering Doctoral College Research Student Conference -2013
- 2. Presentation on Automatic Visualization of Grouped Networks MITHILEYSH SATHIYANARAYANAN Research Student, School of CEM University of Brighton
- 3. CONTENTS Aim of the Research Introduction Euler drawing method Graph drawing method Combining both Euler and Graph drawing methods in the research Applications References
- 4. Aim of the Research The aim of the research is to significantly improve the analysis of grouped network data using Euler diagrams with graphs by automated visualization (Software). Example: Facebook is a grouped network, which has millions of users. It can be analyzed using the automated tool which will be developed by us.
- 5. Introduction Euler diagrams are an attractive information visualization tool which represents relationships between the sets (categories). Figure: Relationship between the Universities
- 6. Introduction (Contd.) Graphs (often termed as network diagrams) represents the relationship between the data items (people). Figure: Relationship between the lecturers collaborating with the different University lecturers.
- 7. Introduction (Contd.) Euler diagrams + graphs will represent the relationship between the sets (categories) and the data items (people). Figure: Relationship between the Universities and the lecturers collaborating with the different University lecturers.
- 8. Introduction (contd.) Two important methods in developing Euler diagrams and Graphs in combination are: 1. Euler drawing method 2. Graph drawing method >> Our goal is to combine both the methods successfully.
- 9. Euler Drawing Method The circle based drawing method for producing Euler diagram was recently devised by Stapleton et al. . The three different colors are described as different zones in the abstract description. Figure: Euler diagram generated
- 10. Euler Drawing Method (contd.) The main objectives of this method are To automatically draw an Euler diagram using only circles to represent any data set. Efficient layout.
- 11. Graph Drawing Method One of the old and traditional graph drawing method is Force-Directed Layouts method . The force-directed algorithm is based on the physical model of attraction and repulsion. Figure: Left handed diagram has edge-crossings in graph and right handed diagram has avoided edge-crossings in graph.
- 12. Graph Drawing Method (contd.) The main objectives of this method are: To layout the graph optimally. Avoid edge-crossings.
- 13. Combining both drawing Methods A relatively new method combining both Euler drawing method and graph drawing method will be developed which will have benefits and impacts of Euler diagrams and graphs. Figure: Euler diagram and graph in combination
- 14. Combining both drawing Methods (contd.) The main objectives of this method are: Develop novel layout method for drawing graphs and Euler diagrams in combination. Develop proof-of-concept open source software. Efficient layout. Point1: This method will be open to wide range of applications and reason other issues.
- 15. Applications Social Network Analysis Communication Network Analysis Medical Analysis
- 16. Expected Result The below figure is an example of the expected result (automatic visualization software) showing Euler diagrams and graph in combination for analyzing Facebook application. Figure: Example showing how people are connected on facebook.
- 17. References
- 18. THANK YOU
View more >
Brighton Reservation Monitoring - my.sfwmd.govmy.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/pg_grp_tech_pubs/PORTLET_tech_pubs...Brighton…
DOCTORAL STUDIES DOCTORAL STUDIES - Novi ?· DOCTORAL STUDIES DOCTORAL STUDIES Table. 5.1 Course Specification for doctoral studies program . 2 ... (2004): Makroekonomija, treće izdanje, CLDS, Beograd.
Doctoral Post Doctoral Training/Education Prevention ... and Post-Doctoral Training... · Focus Requirements…
Past Mayors of The Borough Of Brighton - brighton ?· Past Mayors of The Borough Of Brighton ... 1869…
Doctoral Degree Regulations for the Doctoral Programs of ... ?· Doctoral Degree Regulations of GAUSS…
Brighton & Hove City Council and NHS Brighton & Hove ... Brighton & Hove City Council and NHS Brighton…
AR Brighton Final Appendices - Brighton & Hove City Council ?· AR Brighton Final Appendix 1 “Letter…
[IEEE International Conference on Magnetics - Brighton, UK (1990.04.17-1990.04.20)] International Conference on Magnetics - Visualization of magnetization processes in HTSCs