out of 26
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Subject: Presentation on Ashok Leyland Motors Pvt. Ltd. Name of Students :- 1) Patel Suhag B. (130980119075) 2) Patel Tarang (130980119076) 3) Patel Utsav J. (130980119077) 4) Prajapati Ashvin M. (130980119079) Contributor Personality Development Program (CPDP) (1990001) Branch: Mechanical Class: B2 Year: 2014 Group No.: 4 Semester: 2nd
- Ashok Leyland is an Indian automobile manufacturing company based in Chennai, India. Founded in 1948, and it is the second largest commercial vehicle manufacturers of commercial vehicles, such as trucks and buses, as well as emergency and military vehicles. Operating six plants, Ashok Leyland also makes spare parts and engines for industrial and marine applications. It sells about 60,000 vehicles and about 7,000 engines annually. It is the second largest commercial vehicle company in India in the medium and heavy commercial vehicle (M&HCV) segment with a market share of 28% (200708).
- Name: Ashok Leyland Motors Private Limited Trade Name: BSE- 500477; NSE- ASHOKLEY Industry: Automotive Founded on: 7th September,1948 Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India Products: Automobiles, Engines, Commercial Vehicles Revenue: $2.1 billion (Rs. 133.59 billion) Net Income: $900 million (Rs. 56.5 billion) Employees: 15812 Subsidiaries: Ennore foundries Limited Automotive Coaches and Components Limited Gulf-Ashley Motors Limited Ashley Holdings Limited Ashley Investments Limited Ashley Design and Engineering Services (ADES) Avia Ashok Leyland Ashok Leyland Defence Systems (ALDS) Ashok Leyland Project Services Limited Lanka Ashok Leyland PLC Website: www.ashokleyland.com
- Ashok Leyland was founded in 1948 by Raghunandan Saran, a freedom fighter from Punjab. Thus Ashok Motors was incorporated in 1948 as a company to assemble and manufacture Austin cars from England. In 1949, an agreement was reached between Ashok Motors & Leyland, UK and Ashok Motors got sole rights to import, assemble and progressively manufacture Leyland trucks for seven years. In 1990, Ashok Leyland was First Indian auto company to receive ISO 9002 certification. In 2007, the Hinduja Group also bought out 51% shares of Ashok Leyland. Today the company is the flagship of the Hinduja Group.
- R. Seshasayee Executive Vice- Chairman Dr. V. Sumantran Vice Chairman Vinod K Dasari Managing Director Raghunandan Saran Founder of Ashok Leyland
- City Transit Bus Inter-City Deluxe Bus Titan Double Decker bus Ecomet 912 Tusker Twin Axle Lorry Short Haul Lorry
- Comet -By 1963, the Comet was operated by every State Transport Undertaking in India, and over 8,000 were in service.
- Hino Engine -During early 80's Ashok Leyland entered into a collaboration with Japanese company Hino Motors from whom technology for the H-series engines was sourced. -Most current models of Ashok Leyland come with H-series engines.
- Bus powered by Hino Engine
- U-Truck Ashok Leyland, announced sale of vehicles on the new U-Truck platform from November, 2010. Further, another 15 models are set to enter the market in the next 12 months.
- Dost -Ashok Leyland's entry into Light Commercial Vehicle segment with Dost -DOST is a 1.25 ton light commercial vehicle (LCV). -With the launch of Dost Ashok Leyland has now entered the Light Commercial Vehicle segment in India.
- Ashok Leyland Defence Systems (ALDS) is a newly floated company by the Hinduja Group. Ashok Leyland is the largest supplier of logistics vehicles to the Indian Army. It has supplied over 60,000 of its Stallion vehicles which form the Army's logistics backbone.
- Lanka Ashok Leyland -Lanka Ashok Leyland (LAL) in Sri Lanka was formed in 1982 and started its operations in 1983 as a Joint venture between Lanka Leyland Ltd and Ashok Leyland Ltd India. LAL imports commercial vehicles in both knock down kits or fully built and carry out assembly operations, repair and service, body building on chassis. Avia -In October 2006, Ashok Leyland bought a large stake in the Czech based-Avia, later renaming as Avia Ashok Leyland Motors, to gain entry into the competitive European market. Optare -In 2010 Ashok Leyland acquired a 26% stake in the British bus manufacturer Optare, a company based on the premises of a former British Leyland subsidiary C.H. Roe. In December 2011 Ashok Leyland increased its stake in Optare to 75.1%.
- Manufacturing Units India: Ennore, Tamil nadu in North Chennai [estb. 1948] Trucks, Buses, Engines, Axles etc. Hosur, Tamil nadu in Krishnagiri District - [estb.-1980] -Has Two plants adjacent for Trucks, Special Vehicles and Power Units. Alwar, Rajasthan [estb.-1982] - Bus Manufacturing Unit Bandara, Maharashtra [estb.-1982] Gearbox Unit Pantnagar, Uttarakhand [etsb.-2010] 75,000 annual capacity greenfield Unit for new generation Platforms and Cabs. Sengadu, Kanchipuram District in Tamil Nadu - [etsb.-2008] -Technical and Production facility for Ashok Leyland Defence Systems. Another separate technical center for Nissan Ashok Leyland Vehicles.
- Manufacturing Units Europe Sherburn-in-Elmet, Great Britain Optare Bus. Letnany in Prague, Czech Avia plant. Middle East Ras Al Khaimah, UAE estb. 2011 Bus manufacturing facility Joint Venture between Ashok Leyland and Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority (RAKIA) in UAE Technical Centre Ashok Leyland's Technical Centre, at Vellivoyalchavadi (VVC) in the outskirts of North Chennai near Minjur, is a state-of-the-art product development facility, that apart from modern test tracks and component test labs, also houses India's one and only Six Poster testing equipment.
- For more information go to our Website: www.ashokleyland.com
- Name Enrolment No. Email Patel Suhag B. 130980119075 firstname.lastname@example.org Patel Tarang 130980119076 email@example.com Patel Utsav J. 130980119077 firstname.lastname@example.org Prajapati Ashvin M. 130980119079 email@example.com
View more >