Apps for Good - CDI
out of 15
Post on 28-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONSlides from the "Mobile Technology for Social Entrpreneurs" (#mt4se) held on the 12th June 2010 in London, England.
- 1. From Brazil to the UK
From computers to mobile apps
- 2. Brazil in 1995 computers for change
- 3. Along came mobile...
- 4. The first mobile wave
- 5. The second mobile wave
- 6. 2010 A Global Inflection Point?
- 7. Changing the world one [app/sms] at a time....
- 8. Opportunities & Challenges
- Flat-rate mobile internet
- 9. Affordability of high-end phones
- 10. App stores & Java/ html apps
- 11. Mobile only universal infrastructure
- 12. High adoption rate for social mobile services (e.g. banking, information)
- 13. SMS/ USSD technology limited
- 14. Limited data infrastructure (3.5/ 4G & submarine cables only being deployed)
- 15. High costs for mobile Internet access
- 16. Affordability of high-end phones
- 17. Competing with more powerful fixed technology
- 18. Less adoption of social mobile services
View more >