Angela Duncan. Located above the Arctic Circle Stretches from northern Scandinavia, across Russia, Siberia, Northern Alaska, and finally to Canada.
Post on 18-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Angela Duncan
- Slide 2
- Located above the Arctic Circle Stretches from northern Scandinavia, across Russia, Siberia, Northern Alaska, and finally to Canada. Hugs the northern most ring of the planet
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Generally cold and very dry Short summers 6 to 10 weeks long Never gets warmer than 50F Cold winds continuously blow across the landscape Average temperature is around -30F
- Slide 5
- Topsoil composed mostly of humus due to slow decomposition rates Layer of permafrost underneath Constant freezing and thawing of the soil brings rocks to the surface Polygonal pattern of stones on the surface
- Slide 6
- Vegetation: Lichens, Mosses, Grasses, Herbaceous Plants, Small Shrubs Land Animals: Grizzly Bears, Gray Wolves, Caribou, Oxen, Weasels, Lemmings, Arctic and Red Foxes, Moose Sea Animals: Walruses, Orcas, Beluga Whales, Sea Lions Birds: Snowy Owls, Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles, Arctic Geese, Puffins, Arctic Loons
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Used to be the only biomes untainted by humankind Drilling for Oil Pesticides from nearby civilization Chernobyl Disaster 1986 Ukraine Great explosion of the power plant Massive amounts of radiation released (cesium- 137) Covered the Norwegian tundra in the form of rainfall Damage to the food chain
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
View more >
Mr. Hunt Social Studies 8. Tundra Located in northern Canada and Alaska in the highest latitudes (Arctic Circle = 66 Degrees North) Characterized by very.
Location Hub of Northern Finland and the gateway to the Arctic areas Capital of Northern Scandinavia Located midway between Asia and North America Excellent.
Northern Europe Chapter 9. Northern Europe Northern Europe is located in the north latitudes. It stretches from about 55" to 73" north. Much of northern.
7.3 Tundra Cold, windy, dry region Located in Northern Hemisphere, south of polar ice caps in Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scandinavia and.
Tundra. Tundra Location and Climate The tundra is found across northern Alaska, Canada, and Siberia. It is the coldest of all the biomes. This biome has.
Where is the Tundra? 50° to 70° North Latitude Northern Canada, Northern Russia, Greenland, Alaska Description: Cold year round NO TREES.
Early Cambrian trilobites from northern Scandinavia ? Â· Early Cambrian trilobites from northern Scandinavia PER AHLBERG Ahlberg, P.: Early Cambrian trilobites from northern Scandinavia. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift, Vol. 60,
Russia By: Sophia. Facts about Russia Russia is located in the Northern part of Europe, bordering the Arctic Ocean between Europe and the North Pacific.