Angela Duncan. Located above the Arctic Circle Stretches from northern Scandinavia, across Russia, Siberia, Northern Alaska, and finally to Canada.
Post on 18-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Angela Duncan
- Slide 2
- Located above the Arctic Circle Stretches from northern Scandinavia, across Russia, Siberia, Northern Alaska, and finally to Canada. Hugs the northern most ring of the planet
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Generally cold and very dry Short summers 6 to 10 weeks long Never gets warmer than 50F Cold winds continuously blow across the landscape Average temperature is around -30F
- Slide 5
- Topsoil composed mostly of humus due to slow decomposition rates Layer of permafrost underneath Constant freezing and thawing of the soil brings rocks to the surface Polygonal pattern of stones on the surface
- Slide 6
- Vegetation: Lichens, Mosses, Grasses, Herbaceous Plants, Small Shrubs Land Animals: Grizzly Bears, Gray Wolves, Caribou, Oxen, Weasels, Lemmings, Arctic and Red Foxes, Moose Sea Animals: Walruses, Orcas, Beluga Whales, Sea Lions Birds: Snowy Owls, Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles, Arctic Geese, Puffins, Arctic Loons
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Used to be the only biomes untainted by humankind Drilling for Oil Pesticides from nearby civilization Chernobyl Disaster 1986 Ukraine Great explosion of the power plant Massive amounts of radiation released (cesium- 137) Covered the Norwegian tundra in the form of rainfall Damage to the food chain
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
View more >
Russia By: Sophia. Facts about Russia Russia is located in the Northern part of Europe, bordering the Arctic Ocean between Europe and the North Pacific.
Magnetic fabric variations in Mesozoic black shales, Northern Siberia, Russia: Possible paleomagnetic implications
The Tundra Biome The tundra is the coldest of all biomes Comes from the Finnish word “Tunturia” meaning tree-less plain Stretches across Northern Alaska,
Where is the Tundra? 50° to 70° North Latitude Northern Canada, Northern Russia, Greenland, Alaska Description: Cold year round NO TREES.
7.3 Tundra Cold, windy, dry region Located in Northern Hemisphere, south of polar ice caps in Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scandinavia and.
EUROPE - The Described and Captioned Media Program Europe’s northern region: Scandinavia ... Pause after the video refers to Nordkapp above ... The countries of Europe's northern region
THE ARCTIC COUNCIL AND THE POLAR CODE - ?· alaska california florida mid-pacific northeast northern…
Early Cambrian trilobites from northern Scandinavia ? Â· Early Cambrian trilobites from northern Scandinavia PER AHLBERG Ahlberg, P.: Early Cambrian trilobites from northern Scandinavia. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift, Vol. 60,
Mr. Hunt Social Studies 8. Tundra Located in northern Canada and Alaska in the highest latitudes (Arctic Circle = 66 Degrees North) Characterized by very.
Moose originated in northern Eurasia and then spread east across Siberia into North America. The map, looking down on the earth from above the north.
Location Hub of Northern Finland and the gateway to the Arctic areas Capital of Northern Scandinavia Located midway between Asia and North America Excellent.