85922469 This Test for Ad Ib Contains 100 Mcqs of Different Subjects
Post on 03-Jan-2016
DESCRIPTION85922469 This Test for Ad Ib Contains 100 Mcqs of Different Subjects
This Test For Ad Ib Contains 100 Mcqs Of Different Subjects.general Knowledge,pak Affairs,islamiat,number Series,maths Problems,english Section,sentence Correction,vocablary,synonims,antonioms,everyday Science.its A General Ability Test No Negetiv Marking.qualification Required Is 2nd Division Masters Degree.
I took that I.B test of 2006.Its English portion which was quite easy for me as it was just SAT level test.The Pak and Islamic Studies portion too was not difficult.About Maths portion I, should honestly, confess that my judgement has little critical credibility as I did not go prepared because I was busy at University those days;so to say it (Maths portion) difficult or easy someone other should come forward to comment.However, I should add in the tail that it's a quite close competition and one has to prepare hard to see the face of success.Any way good luck to the hard-working.
ya bitlovable i appered in 2006.i think maths portion was easy the GK portion was difficult for me specialy questions from pak affairs,pakhistory.i dont think so Jahandur the qualification required is post graduate degree that is masters u r not eligible but u should confirm it from FPSC office.Assalam-o-Alaikum,
To the surprise of IB Aspirants, it is ,hereby, informed that test for the post of AD is likely to be held @13th June,2007.The people at FPSC privy to and responsible for this case (i.e;F-4 116/2007-R) are the source of this flabbergasting news.The scarcity of time (only 32 days), therefore, leaves no room for an extensive and exhaustive preparation.
Here are some suggestions which might help us all in getting through.......
1-ENGLISH ---40 %
a- GRE Master Vocb. List (3500 words)b- Practice of Verbal Section of Grec- Special Emphasis on Vocab.Antonym/Synonym, sentence Completion, Analogies (Gre & SAT), Correction(GMAT),Reading Comprehension (GRE & GMAT)
a- Dogars Aptitude & GRE MATH b- 8th Class Math (English Medium) - Punjab Text Book Boardc- Special Emphasis on Statement Qs of Ratio,Proportion, %age, profit/loss, interest, L.C.M, H.C.F., odd/even, prime/cmpound,d- Basic Algebra and Geometry (Area, diameter, perimeter, circumference, volume of Triangle, rectangle, square, circle and parallelogram etc.e- Venn Diagram can help in many tricky arithmetic Qs.f- Pythagorean theorem & Cartesian Coordinates
Dont be scared with this prolixity ,U dont 've to be a Math wizard for this test.All u 've to do is to come up with a problem-solving mind looking for snare , tricks and designs.The purpose is not to assess ur math formulae database but ur mental alacrity & ability to think out-of-box.Anybody with no math-milieu at all but with an above-average I.Q can score 15+ out of 20.
3- Genearl Knowledge ---40%
When faced this most feared, expansive & unpredictable section of the testwe find ourselves at a loss. Any how, INVOKING tO ALMIGHTY's HELP, we may set for this odyssey too. Last years thrust in G.K was on Pak Studies.WE, However, better pay due heed to all areas which include,among other things:
a- Pak Studies MCQS (ADVANCE publishers or/and any other quality book in this area)b- Current Affairs MCQS (I dnt know any book but perhaps Dogars monthly digest may help a bit)c- Islamiyat & E.science ( only a Few Qs from these areas ) d- Special Focus : Capitals, currency, foreign delegates into & from Pakistan, Conferences, Regional & global Summits, PM/President's Visits Dates, Venues, and Names of Envoys, founding dates of imp organizations of pak & world.Pak movement Dates & Events & Personalities. Name of authors of Books on Pak.St
Pattern:1- Ratti Jinnah 's age : a-27 b-28 c-29 d-302- NLC founded in : a-1978 b-1979 c- 1980 d-19813- Ojri Camp Debacle; (1988) a-apr10 b-apr13 c-may13 d-jun234- Capital of Azerbijan: a-Daushanbe b-Baku c-Almaty d-Minsk
These are among a few Qs that I still remember were part of 2006 test.This was a bit I could ,presently,do as I m engaged in a host of things,all of them exacting a workaholic from this naive , rustic and humble fellow.
RECOMMENDED BOOK: GAT (GENERAL ABILITY TEST) F.P.S.CPUBLISHED BY NISHAN PUBLISHERS LHR.
If still any ambiguity robs ur peace of mind, plz feel free to write to me.MY CREED: IT is but ALLAH,the OMNIPOTENT,the Final ARBITER of OUR destinies.Do ur bit , Leave the rest Unto ALMIGHTY Acquiescing,Whole-heartedly, in what HE Decices for US , for HE IS ALEEM, BASEER & RAHMAN.BEST of LUCK! thanx,ALLAH HAFIZ.You are absolutely right that Int. Bureau paper habitually consists of 100 MCQs in the following sequence:
1-English NTS,SAT or GRE type vebal portion(yester-year these were 28 MCQs)
2-Second part is based on Gk; its breakage is like that:
Some 4 to 5 points from Islmic history,Hadith compilers related questions,
The next coming part deals with history of the Subcontinent leading to history of Independence Movement.This part concludes with contemporary Pakistan socio-political,provinces related objective questions.
Expect also some entries like purely GK types, e.g., SAARC summit,who won recent French election. I mean inernational current affairs global warming,cricket WC related,etc.
3- Finally there is Maths portion easy but not very much.It's about averages,proportions,units questions of the MCQs type.
Candidates have to fill answers on a computerised paper like they give for Everyday Science in CSS.
This test is of 2 hrs(120 minutes) sorry for late reply, i mention the question asked to me during my interview as follows:
- What is reason of electricity short fall of electricity?- Where is the leakage in Wapda?- What is the loss level of PEPCO/ MEPCO?- What is the literacy rate of Pakistan?- What is the difference between Education and Literacy?- What is the difference between Transparency International and Amnesty International.
- Why you want to Join FIA?- Scope of FIA?- Types of corruption?- What is NR3C?
Dr Sughra Junejo:
- What is the difference between Money laundering and Money Smuggling?- What is the difference between Black and white Money?- Define secret Agency?- Asked about some Agencies abbreviation and their country names.1. CIA2. FBI3. RAW4. ISI5. MI- Asked one question regarding corruption.........i forget
These are questions which i remember right now, will post remaining later on after reminding.
Liaquat Bhai I can delineate only my interview experience at Karachi since no one was allowed to sit there and share experiences of other interviewees.
Kashif Murtaza: Since you are already working in BPS-17, why do you want to join as A.D (FIA)?
What is the nature of your work?
What is the difference in the work of IMF & World Bank?
What is the scope of FIA?What is the jurisdiction of Interpol?Which FIA body looks after the matters of Cyber crime?
Dr. Sahiba?Tell me abbreviations: FBI, CIA?What is human trafficking?What is black money and White money?
For A.D (FIA) and A.D (I.B), fpsc holds one paper test. In case of A.D (I.B), the test pattern is:
1) English General: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence correction, Put the right word in blanks and Analogies.
2) General Knowledge: Islamiyat including Muslim History, Pakistan Studies including Struggle for Pakistan, International & National G.K, Everyday Science.
3) General Maths: Algebra & word problems
For English section you have to refer to my linkhttp://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-compu...e-writing.html
For analogies search web for R.S Agarwal's Book "Verbal Reasoning"
For G.K refer to my linkhttp://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-optio...tives-all.html
For Pakistan Studies refer to my linkhttp://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-compu...tives-all.html
For Everyday Science please refer to my linkhttp://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-compu...tives-all.html
For Islamayat please refer to my linkhttp://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-compu...t-g-k-all.html
For General Maths you have to search the web for R.S. Agarwal's Book "Quantitative Aptitude"
This material is sufficient to get you through the exam of A.D (I.B) for sure.
For A.D (FIA), in addition to the above material, you will have to touch a few other fields of study like presentation skills, report writing, FIA Act, CrPC,etc. The extra required fields will be specified by FPSC in the test call letter. You can prepare for it in 15 days time.
CSS MCQs 2011-2012 - Every Day science Paper 2011-2012 PART-1(MCQs)COMPULSORY
Question 1. Select the best option and fill in the appropriate Box on the answer sheet: (50 Marks)
1. Water is heated in a kettle. The inside water is heated by convection. A person sitting near the fire receives heat by :
a) Conduction b) Convection c) Radiation d) Reflection e) None of these
2. A time can come when we will be able to design a machine which can go on working for ever without the expenditure of energy. Is it possible ?
a) No b) Yes c) In due course time d) Very soon e) None of these
3. The measurement of rainfall is made by an instrument known as :
a) Hydrometer b) Barometer c) Hygrometer d) Pedometer e) None of these
4. Light year is a unit of :
a) Distance b) Time Period c) Light intensity d) Time e) none of these
5. Three elements needed for the healthy growth of plants are :
a) N,P,K b) N,C,P c) N,K,C d) N,S,P e) none of these
6.Copper can be converted into gold by :
a) Heating b) Artificial Radioactivity c) Electroplating d) Chemical reaction e) None of these
7. In winter an iron pipe feel colder than a wooden window . This is because wood is :
a) Conductor b) non-Conductor c) Semi- Conductor d) Not a solid while iron is a solid e) None of these
8. The echo (reflected sound) will be distinctly heard only at ordinary temperatures if the distance of the reflecting surfaces from the source of sound is at least :
a) 1120 ft b) 120 ft c) 56fft d) 100 ft e) None of these
9. It is possible to recognize a person in the dark by simply hearing his unique voice . It is because of the:
a) pitch b) Frequency c) Time period d) Quality e) None of these
10. When a ray of sunlight enters a dark room , its straight path become visible because of dust particles hanging in the air. It is because light is :
a) Visible B) Transparent c) Invisible d) opaque e) None of these
11. A six feet tall lady wants to see her full image in a plane mirror . The minimum length of the mirror will be :
a) 6 feet b) 12 feetc) 4 feet d) 3 feet e) None of these
12. The principle used in radar is the same as that of Sonar. In radar we use radio waves ; whereas in sonar we use :
A) red waves b) Infrared waves c) Ultrasonic d) super sonic e) None of these
13. In a fission nuclear reaction , a heavy nucleus breaks up into smaller nuclei whereas in another nuclear reaction two or more than two possibly nuclei are fused to form a heavy nucleus This nuclear reaction is called :
a) Chemical Reaction b) Nuclear reaction c) Fission nuclear reaction d) Fusion nuclear reaction e) None of these
14. Parsec is a unit of :
a) Energy b) Timec) Power d) Distance e) None of these
15. German Silver is an alloy of:
A) Zn + Ni b) Cu + Zn c) Cu + Ni d) Cu + Sn e) None of these
16. The Continent Antarctica lies at the:
a) North pole b) South pole c) middle of the earth d) Equator e) None of these
17. The temperature of the dead body is:
a) 0 'C b) 37 ' c) room temperature d) temperature of the place where it is kept e) None of these
18. Lactometer is a type of Hydrometer which is used to measure the specific gravity of :
a) Honey b) Water c) Milk d) olive oil e) None of these
19. Cusec is a unit of :
a) Area b) Time c) Distance d) mass e) None of these
20. The deepest place on earth is :
a) Trench b) Mariana Trench C) Mangrove d) Groove e) None of these
21. Twinkling of stars is caused by :
a) Reflection of light b) Polarization of light c) refraction of light d) Interference of light e) None of these
22. Magnifying power of a simple microscope can be increased by :
a) increasing focal length of the lens b) Decreasing focal length of the lens c) Lens of large aperture d) lens of short aperture e) None of these
23. Bronze medal is made up of metal :
a) Copper , Zinc b) Copper , Nickle c) Coppe4r , Tin d) Sopper , Silver
24. One of the countries through which equator passes is :
a) Kenya B) Pakistan c) Malaysia d) Malta e) None of these
25. A very important practical application of properties of matter is hoeing or "godi" practiced by the farmers. This property of matter is called :
a) Elasticity b) Stress c) Capillarity d) Strain e) None of these
26. It is observed that the total pressure exerted by air on the man of average siz is around 14.7 lb wt. per square inch. But the man feels quite comfortable,. It is because of :
a) An equal and opposite pressure acts from inside b) of the height of a man c) of gravity d) Earth pulls the man upward e) None of these
27) A nuclear reactor is a device used to carry out controlled nuclear reaction whereas GM counter is a device used to detect :
a) Current b) Voltage C) nuclear Radiation d) power e) None of these
28. A body can escape the gravitational pull of the earth if it is thrown up with a velocity of:
a) 25 miles per sec b ) 60 miles per sec c) 7 miles per sec d) 10 miles per sec e) None of these
29. Night vision is possible with the help of :
a) Red light b) Violet light c) Infrared Rays d) Ultra violet Lighte) None of these
30. Myopia is a defect of human eye. it can be corrected by using a lens called :
a) Convex lens b) Concave lens c) Cylindrical lens d) Plano convex lense) None of these
31. Walnuts can be broken in the hand by squeezing two together but not one. It is because of :
a) Work done b) Power c) Energy d) Volume e) None of these
32. The instrument which i specially design for recording earth quake wave is called seismograph which measure earth quake waves on a
a) Diatonic scale b) Fahrenheit Scale c) Richter scale d) Celsius Scale e) None of these
33. The planet Mercury completes one rotation around the sun is a) 88 daysb) 365 days c) 98 days d) 60 days
e) None of these
34. Fossils found in the lowest geological strata are generally most :
a) Advance b) Complex c) Primitive d) Specialized e) None of these
35. Evolution can be described as :
a) A continuing process b) A catastrophic event in the past c) Static d) The attaining of an ideal type e) None of these
36. What is the only source of new alleles?
a) Crossing over b) independent assortment c) Mutation d) Fertilization e) None of these
37. Polygenic characteristic are controlled by :
a) Dominant genes b) Recessive genes c) Multiple genes d) Mutated genes e) None of these
38. Which of the following , l...