5 Tips to Maintaining a Positive Business Image Online
out of 12
Post on 22-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONAdapted from Tricia's Customer Service Success Blog. Your customers look online for reviews whenever they make a purchasing decision. What steps should your company take to create a positive image online while addressing any negative comments or reviews? Learn how to manage your company's image through proactive responses and positive content. Read more of Tricia's blogs at www.parature.com/blog.
- 1. 5 Tips to MaintainingOriginally Posted onDecember 28, 2011 a Positive Businessby Tricia Morris Image Online (Even if You Receive a Negative Comment)
- 2. For businesses, having a strong webpresence is vital. People now usesmartphones, search engines and socialmedia daily to find information forcompanies they are interested in doingbusiness with or making purchases from.
- 3. Its not just your own website that When makingis generating online information purchase decisions,about your company or internet users trustorganization. Yelp, Google, recommendationsMerchant Circle, Foursquare, from people theyLiving Social and other know and opinions posted by unknownaggregating websites are consumers onlineproviding business listings more than ads on TV,complete with the ability to submit radio, in magazinescustomer reviews. Facebook also and in other traditional media.offers an easy way for customers - Nielsen Onlineto find and comment about yourbusiness online.
- 4. 90 percent of consumers trust peer reviews, while 70 90% of percent trust online reviews.consumers trust People are paying attention, peer reviews, and even seeking out70% trust online customer comments to make reviews. their own purchasing - American decisions. So, what can you Marketing do to keep your businesss Association reputation positive, even if Survey someone posts a negative comment?
- 5. NUMBER ONEACTIVELY MONITOR WHATS NEING SAID AOUTYOU BUSINESS OR ORGANIZATION ONLINEMonitor your social media venues daily andGoogle your businesss name frequently, orset up a Google Alert to inform you if andwhen your business name is mentionedonline. Take any customer comments on yoursite or another site seriously. Be sure to thankindividuals for their positive comments.
- 6. NUMBER TWOIF YOU REVEIVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT,WHETER ITS ON YOUR OWN SITE, ANOTHERSITE, OR A SOCIAL MEDIA VENUE SUCH ASTWITTER OR FACEBOOK, DONT IGNORE IT ORDELETE IT- ADDRESS ITEspecially on sites other than your own, it may not bepossible to delete a negative comment, so any negativereviews become part of your companys virtual recordand will most likely appear in the search engines whensomeone enters your companys name.
- 7. If it is an individual you can reply to that hasposted a negative comment or customercomplaint, quickly and politely respond to theircomment online and offer assistance. Whenthe issue has been resolved, post a finalcomment thanking them again for bringingtheir concern to light; note that it was yourcompanys pleasure to serve them, andensure that they can contact your company ororganization at any time for further assistance.
- 8. If it is an individual you are unable to reply to, orsomeone who has posted anonymously, post a politefollow-up offering assistance. Thank you for taking thetime to offer a comment on our companys services. Ourgoal is to provide complete customer satisfaction, so wewould appreciate the opportunity to talk with youpersonally regarding the experience you describedabove. Please contact us at _________. makes yourcompany appear attentive to customers and committedto customer service. If users do read the negativecomment online regarding your business, they will alsosee your prompt and polite effort to resolve any issues.
- 9. NUMBER THREEPROVIDE YOUR OWN CONTENTIts within your power to make sure yourcompany holds its own in the search engineswith frequently updated blogs and websitecontent and at least once-a-week social mediaposts. The more quality, positive content yourcompany generates about its offerings, themore likely it is that this content will appearnear the top of the search engines rather thaninformation generated by another website.
- 10. NUMBER FOURMAKE SURE CUSTOMERS CAN EASILY CONTACTYOUR COMPANY DIRECTLYMake sure your organization offers severalcustomer support channels. One mainreason that individuals post negativefeedback on Facebook, Twitter or on a siteother than your own is because they foundit difficult to make contact with you via yourwebsite, phone or email.
- 11. Offering multi-channel customer serviceensures that if a customer does have aquestion, concern or complaint, they caneasily make contact with your organizationdirectly rather than feeling the need tocomment on another site.
- 12. NUMBER FIVEALWAYS ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVEBe prompt, polite and proactive in every customerengagement experience. The majority of onlinecomments about businesses are positive, but itnever hurts to be prepared. As the saying goes,life is 10% what happens to you and 90% howyou react to it. A negative review is your chanceto turn a bad situation into a positive one througha prompt, polite response, and maintain yourcompanys positive image online.
View more >
6 Tips For Maintaining A Positive ?· 6 Tips For Maintaining A Positive Attitude 1. Decide to have a…
Ten Tips for Maintaining Digital Image ?· Ten Tips for Maintaining Digital Image Quality Peter D. Burns…