5 Best Ways to Prepare Your Candlewood Lake Home for a Showing
Post on 17-Jan-2017
5 Best Ways to Prepare Your
Candlewood Lake Home for a Showing
When buyers looking for Candlewood Lake and Lake Lillinonah properties come to look at your home, you need to make an effort to show your property at its best. Remember that when it comes to selling a home, presentation matters. Go all out to impress buyers. With correct preparation, you can sell your home fast and for the best price.
Here are some easy tips on how to prepare
your home for a showing:
1. Boost your drive by appealBuyers of Candlewood Lake real estate will surely make a drive-by visit to your home before deciding whether or not to schedule a viewing. Make sure to clean up the exterior of your home, mow the lawn, or have the snow cleared from the driveway and walkways, trim the hedges, and remove any weeds from beds or pathways to make a great first impression. Giving your door and window frames a fresh coat of paint will also make buyers want to come in to your home.
2. Clear space and create orderExpect that buyers of Candlewood Lake homes will want to see every room in your home. Make an effort to clear up and maximize every space in your home. Spend some time in sorting items especially in kids rooms so they wont look like war zones. Buyers may also want to look in cupboards and lofts so make sure that these spaces are in order, too. Keep in mind that your plan is to move so pack up family photos, extra decorator items and furniture that makes the room to cluttered.
3. Inspect your homeBefore buyers arrive for a showing, check your home to make sure that is safe. Fix any loose rails or steps. Inspect electrical items, faucets, toilets and windows to see if they are in working condition. Ensure that all built-in appliances are functioning properly. You may also get a professional whole house inspection to uncover any major problems or defects. A professional inspection will also make buyers see that you are a responsible seller.
4. Turn the bathroom to a spaBuyers will be impressed with a relaxing and luxurious bath. To create a spa-like bathroom, stack a few pretty washcloths tied with ribbons. You may also add some faux plants and scented candles. Your bathmats and towels should also be in coordinating tones such as light green, blue and white. Dont forget to clear away accumulated toiletries, medication and make up in the bathroom and make sure that the bathroom is spotlessly clean. Also, be sure to remove any towels that are in use for the showings. Remember that bathrooms are often times the second biggest selling feature of a home.
5. Set the moodTo set the right mood in your home, open the blinds and turn on every light in the house. Remember that a dark room can turn off potential buyers. If it is available, allow the aroma of a fresh pot of coffee or fresh batch cookies to permeate the home (easiest is to simmer a pan of vanilla extract on the stove top). You may also turn on the radio and set it to a classical or jazz music station. Make certain the house is not too hot or too cold.
Follow these simple steps to get your home ready to show. Visit http://www.CandlewoodLakeCTRealEstate.com today for more helpful homeselling tips and ideas.
If you want to work with a real estate professional who can assist you in buying or selling Candlewood Lake, Lake Lillinonah homes, Lake Warmaug and Lake Zoar real
estate, call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt, at 203-994-4297. I have the knowledge, expertise, and tools to help you close that deal.