10 Ways to Get Publicity for Your Resume Writing Business
out of 12
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Top 10 Ways to Get Publicity forYour Rsum Writing Business PRESENTED BY BRIDGET (WEIDE) BROOKS www.BeAResumeWriter.com
- 2. #1: Offer a PerspectiveTry a website like HARO (helpareporter.com) where youcan provide your expertise to reporters who needsources for their stories. Demonstrated expertise = credibility!
- 3. #2: Get InterviewedWhile you may not see yoursmiling face on CNN or ABCanytime soon, it doesnt reallymatter.With new media, beinginterviewed on podcasts,blogs, and other websites canbe just as effective.
- 4. #3: Press ReleasesRegularly distributenewsworthy press releases toonline newswires and tospecific media outlets in yourarea.Consider paid press releasedistribution services too, likePR Web, 24-7 Press Release,and eReleases.
- 5. #4: Publish Your Own NewsIn addition to distributingpress releases, keep anup-to-date media sectionon your own website.Publish your press releasesand other company updates.
- 6. #5: Showcase Your PublicityIn addition to posting yourcompany news, make sureyou also shows case anymedia coverage youvereceived and any interviewsyouve done.It boosts your credibility andhelps media and others seethat youre a newsworthysource.
- 7. Tip #6: Be Seen in Search EnginesReporters are constantlyscouring the Internet for asource for their next story.Make sure your content canbe found for importantkeyword phrases for yourniche.
- 8. #7: Submit Articles Many careers industry professionals write and distribute articles. Make sure you add submitting to in-print trade publications (like Rsum Writers Digest) and the Wall Street Journal Careers section to your distribution list.
- 9. #8: Be Active in Your CommunityBeing involved andcontributing to your communitygoes a long way toestablishing your reputationand growing awareness foryour business.Give and youll get back.
- 10. #9: Get Reviewed Having other people blog or write about your career services is priceless. Get your information products into the hands of influential writers, so they can create publicity for you.
- 11. #10: Get to Know ReportersJust like with anything in life, peopleoften turn to the people they know forhelp.Stay in touch with reporters youvehelped in the past and connect withnew ones on social media.These relationships will help you keepa steady stream of publicity comingyour way.
- 12. Ready for More Publicity?Like these )ps?Become a Bronze member ofBeAResumeWriter.com and visitthe Public Rela)ons Resourcespage for more )ps & ideas.
View more >