1 in 3 avoid the truth
out of 10
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis slides set outlines the findings of a new study showing that 1 in 3 avoid the truth about themselves. Especially when it comes to their weight, but has wider implications...
- 1 in 3 Avoid The Truth
- The truth about ourselves can be scary, inconvenient or unsettling.
- The Advanced Performance Institute has just completed a study of 1,000 people that finds: More than one third are so reluctant to discover the truth that they actively avoid it!
- We find: 36% of people are so reluctant to discover the truth about their weight that they only use their scales to weigh things like their suitcases before they go on vacation or check weights of parcels or their pets, and never actually weigh themselves!
- Maybe 1/3 are simply happy with their weight? No, main reason was:
- Because I am afraid to learn the truth about my weigh.
- We need to be better at facing the facts. It might be uncomfortable to face the truth but it is the start from where you can change things.
- Some prefer to put their head in the sand, but is ignorance really bliss? No, we need to: Face the facts and deal with them!
- Read my latest LinkedIn Influencer post on the topic: Revealed: 1 in 3 Avoid the Truth
- This overview was put together by Bernard Marr, Founder and CEO of the Advanced Performance Institute. Bernard Mar is a bestselling business author, keynote speaker, strategic performance consultant, and analytics, KPI & Big Data guru. Read Bernards blogs: LinkedIn Influencer Blog Big Data Guru Blog Connect with Bernard on: LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Google+ YouTube Advanced Performance Institute For more articles, white papers, case studies and much more visit the Advanced Performance Institute Knowledge Hub 2014 Advanced Performance Institute, BWMC Ltd. All rights reserved.
View more >